Thursday, October 28, 2010

Location is Everything my dear

Sometimes you just have to apply the same level of strategy that you conjure up in the business world to the single life.  Hoping that I have not confused you yet, allow me to elaborate and put a very different kind of thinking cap on, dear.

Its not hard to imagine....you are single, and while life is fancy free you actually do want to meet an eligible bachelor at some point that completely knocks the wind out of you with his presence and charm.

Single girls commonly plan trips involving shopping, spas and sunbathing.  Well ladies, um......this is not where the single men are congregating.  Lets be honest, if you want to meet great guys you will need to carve out some of your precious free time and get strategic.

Suggestions for those ladies lacking the strategic element:
1.  Mountain towns:  I maintain this as numero uno on my list because the ratio is consistently in your favor no matter what town you choose anywhere on the globe.  The men are down to earth, a little wild and rough and its so damn easy to start conversation, toast a beer and have some real fun outdoors.  If you are not so outdoorsy it can still be a good spot to post up at the apres ski spot with a book enjoying the warm rays of sunshine or cozy up with that magazine in the lodge by the fireplace.  Likewise, hiking or walking about town looking cute is also pretty darn conducive even if you cannot tear up the slopes or rock hop on your mountain bike.  Mountain towns = more boys.  Trust me, you will be successful.
2. Sports/Divey Bars:  While I am just as guilty as any girl by wanting to go to the chic spot and sit enjoying caprese salad and ahi tartar with my girlfriends while sipping a ginger-tini, there will be more men at the sportsy/divey bar watching a game or just kicking back enjoying a belgian ale.  Again, these men are approachable and appreciative of pretty little you being in their dark man cave brightening things up.
3.  Burger Joints:  You may be starting to catch on by now....yes, you simply think of the place you really want to go and then go to the opposite kind of place.  While anyone may appreciate a good burger, whether its good ole beef, snazzed up turkey burger or a veggie patty with veganaise, most of the time a woman will choose the asian fusion spot, or the healthy indian spot or the hip patio with california cuisine.  Sure, men go to all those places but you will never strike out if you roll into the burger joint garnished with a smile and ready to meet boys.

I cannot give away all of my secrets ladies or I will be fightin off girls while I try to nudge my way to the old bar in my favorite mountain town next to the unassuming hottie!

No comments: